If you are in immediate danger, call Triple Zero - 000

As a victim of crime, your safety is important. This is especially true if you are a victim of family and domestic violence.

If you are worried about your safety, talk to the police officer looking after your case or contact the Commissioner for Victims’ Rights.

Domestic Violence Crisis Line

The Domestic Violence Crisis Line is free, confidential and available state-wide.

Contact them on 1800 800 098

They may be able to help if you are:

  • living in a violent or abusive relationship and are unsure about what to do
  • wanting to leave a violent relationship
  • wanting to talk about what is happening to you.

Learn more about the service.

Home security

The SAPOL Home Assist Program is a program to improve home security and personal safety of eligible service users to allow them to remain safely in their home.

The program is available for people who meet the following criteria:

  • 65 years and over or
  • Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander (50 years and over) or
  • under 65 years living with a disability or
  • carers of people who meet these criteria.

For more information contact the SAPOL Home Assist Coordinator on 7322 3211.

If you are a woman or child experiencing domestic or family violence, you might want to stay in your own home so you can stay in contact with your community, school and support system.

You may be eligible for help from the Staying Home Staying Safe program coordinated by the Victim Support Service.

You can contact the Victim Support Service on 1800 842 846

If you are a victim of crime and not eligible for security through any other program, the Commissioner for Victims’ Rights may be able to help you.

Get in touch with our office to see how we can help.

Intervention orders

An Intervention Order can help protect you and your family if you are a victim of abuse.

Intervention orders instruct a person to stop harassing, threatening or abusing or being violent to you.

A person may be ordered not to:

  • come to your home or where you work
  • go to your children's school
  • follow or watch you
  • phone you or send you messages.

The person can also be ordered to do certain things, like move out of the house they might share with you.

South Australia Police have more information about intervention orders.

The Women’s Domestic Violence Court Assistance Service (WDVCAS)

WDVCAS is a specialist legal service providing support to women affected by domestic and family violence.

Women can receive free legal assistance to navigate the Magistrates court processes of applying for, varying, or revoking an intervention order.

WDVCAS can also help in reporting breaches of an intervention order and in applying for relevant tenancy orders through the South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (SACAT).