If you are a victim of crime and the offender went to court you can ask for copies of certain court documents.

Types of documents

The Commissioner for Victims’ Rights can get free copies of some court documents for you.

These documents include:

  • a record of the court outcome
  • the complaint or 'information' (this is the document laying the charge before the court)
  • remarks on the verdict
  • remarks on the penalty or sentence.

Sometimes these won't be available.

All documents are provided for personal use only.

Copies can be provided to your lawyer if they are helping you with an application for state-funded compensation.

Contact the Commissioner for Victims' Rights

The Commissioner can provide:

  • information, advice and support to victims of crime, as well as their families and friends
  • help to deal with the physical, emotional and financial impact of crime.