The South Australian Department for Human Services creates and maintains a Victims Register for victims of offences by a young person aged between 10 and 18.
The Youth Justice Victims Register keeps victims informed when a young person is sentenced to:
- home detention
What information is available?
Victims on the register can find out:
- about the young person's sentence
- the place where the young person is in detention
- if the young person is moved from one Youth Justice Centre to a different one
- the release date from detention and any conditions
- if a young person has tried to escape from custody
- if the young person is sentenced on home detention.
How to register
You can apply online to have your name placed on the register at the Department for Human Services website.
You can also download and print out a form to fill in by hand.
If you are having trouble, you can contact the Youth Justice Victims Register on 8463 6488.