Victims in the workplace

Crime in the workplace

If a crime or suspected crime has occurred in your workplace, you should report it as soon as possible to your employer or supervisor as well as to the police. If you do not feel comfortable with this, you should see the health and safety officer or your elected health and safety representative (if applicable) or a union official.

Your employer may offer to arrange some form of debriefing or counselling for you, or you may request it if you feel it is necessary. Some workplaces have personnel counsellors whose job it is to help employees who experience a crisis.

You may asl wish to contact Return to WorkSA for information and support. Phone 13 18 55.