If you are a victim of crime and need to go to court, you might be feeling very overwhelmed and anxious.

The Court Support Program can help you.

I want to request court support

There are a few different ways you can do this:

You can also speak to the investigating officer of your case. The investigating officer or support service can make a referral on your behalf.

Who can request court support?

Anyone who is required to give evidence in the District or Supreme Court can request court support.

If you have other court trials or hearings and you are anxious about attending, you can still apply and we will discuss your application with you. Otherwise, you can get in touch with our office.

What happens next?

Once we've received your referral, our office will assess your needs and be in touch to discuss them with you.

Learn more about the Court Support Program.

Other supports for witnesses

If you are considered a vulnerable witness, there are other protections that can be put in place to help you feel safer in the courtroom while giving evidence.

Learn more about vulnerable witness provisions.