Claim for funeral cost and grief payment in homicide cases

If there has been a homicide and
  • you have paid the funeral expenses, and/or 
  • you have suffered grief because the person killed was your spouse or partner (see explanation on the claim form), or child under 18

you might be entitled to claim compensation for funeral expenses (up to a maximum of $7,000) and/or compensation for grief (up to a maximum of $10,000).  Please note that the amount payable depends, amongst other factors, on the date of the homicide.

For more information on these payments, see the Legal Services Commission Law Handbook, Victim of Crime Compensation, Claims arising from homicide.


To download the claim form for funeral cost and/or a grief payment in homicide cases as a PDF, please click here.
To download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, please click here.
Last Modified: 31 January 2012